Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wednesday Weigh-In: The "I Gotta Get a Grip" Edition

HW: 252.6 (Sept 30, 2012)
CW: 218.2 (+3.4 change from last week)
GW: 140's
Height: 5'5"
Age: 49

It's really no surprise I've gained a little. I am a bit surprised by how much!

But there seems to be a pattern developing: buckle down and lose during the last half of the month, break free from the "restrictions" and go crazy the first half of the next month.

This is not good.

This week was particularily bad because I didn't even try to make good choices: I just took whatever food came my way. Roll-ups from my Mom on Friday (when I thought I might start a whole 30), Pizza on Saturday after an intense day spent sorting stuff in the basement, a pot luck on Monday night where I went hog wild and two, count them, two home made apple crisps this week, too.

This is a wee bit scary. 217 was where I got to before in this effort to lose weight a few years ago. Then, it rather rapidly crept back on. I am going to have to make better choices this week: no matter how loudly that grilled cheese calls my name: I never, ever want to see a gain again.

I think what I'll do is write down everything I eat--for a start. Then, plan out what I'll eat this week. I hate doing that, but I have to remove the element of choice and I have to be prepared, I think. I think that's part of what's causing me trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment