Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wednesday Weigh-In: The Conflicted Edition

HW: 252.6 (Sept 30, 2012)
CW: 217.4 (-2 from 2 weeks ago)
GW: 140's
Height: 5'5
Age: 49

Conflicted? Why am I conflicted you ask?

Because in order to lose those two pounds over the last two weeks, I had to get sick. Nasty sick with stomach pain and saying hello to the toilet type sick. (Sorry.)

And I'm kind of glad, which is a different sort of sick.

There's nothing like completely emptying your stomach in the middle of a forced 48 hour fast to clean out your system. I have started afresh: this morning, for example, I had an omelette with fried mushrooms, zucchini, onion and spinach (in coconut oil, of course!) and boiled fork-mashed sweet potato on the side.

I need to be at 216.0 on the morning of the 28th to win my bet at Roni's diet bet and I had not been going to make it the way I'd been playing fast and loose with my eating (and the scale has been swinging up and down right along with me) --I mean, really--hot chocolate and cinnamon toast as a snack before bed? --or (worse) a peanut butter, honey and banana sandwich? On top of grilled cheese for lunch? What was I doing? I don't need to revisit self-sabotage. Been there, done that. I need my new habits.

So, for the rest of the month, I'm afraid, I'm going to have to hide my dark chocolate bars and resist the bread in the bread basket. I will revisit my November meals and recreate them as best I can. It's only a week (and one day).

No. It's only my next meal. That's all I need to worry about. (Oh and cleaning out the fridge!)

No comments:

Post a Comment