Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wednesday Weigh In: The Lost Motivation Edition

Yeah, I know, already! Only four months.

HW: 252.6 (Sept 30, 2012)
CW: 222. 0 (-0.4 from last week)
GW: 140's
Height: 5'5
Age: 49

There it is: the same number, essentially, for the third time in a row, now. My carb intake is up, no question. It's not up by a lot--but just enough to have reached maintenance, obviously. I'm feeling too lazy in the mornings to chop my veggies for my frittattas. I have a grilled cheese for lunch 'cause it's easier than frying up some meat and veggies.

 I've also slacked off the excercising. I prefer to do two mile workouts with the Leslie Sansone videos and I only have three which are straight cardio workouts. (The others involve intervals.) I've lost one of the cardio workout discs and the music in the other is too low. That leaves me with one I like to do: and it's boring to do the same one over and over.

What am I saying? These are just excuses. I am thrilled to be at the weight that I am. I have lost more than 10% of my highest weight recorded in September.

I'd like to lose more, but the urgency is gone. My knees feel great, my back pain is gone. The only reason to continue, really, is vanity. I want to wear nice clothes this spring and summer. But I don't know if I want it badly enough to overcome this lethargy. And with temps around minus 30 celcius April seems a long way off.

(Fortunately, I'm not detecting any silly thoughts about worthiness and whether I deserve to look pretty in spring and summer clothes. That would hve been an issue in the past.)

Roni is hosting another diet bet. I'm considering that. The only thing is, one has to lose 4% of one's starting weight to "win" one's bet. That's 8.9 pounds. In four weeks. That feels like a stretch. I don't know if it would be healthy --psychologically speaking-- for me to push for that. I never set goals for weight loss--I'm scared it will set off a disorder.

It takes focus and drive to lose weight: at what point does that focus and drive tip over into unhealthy obsession?

No comments:

Post a Comment