Saturday, December 1, 2012

Goals for December

It's time to set some goals, again.

Eating:

Stay Compliant (with a few exceptions).
Except for the days I am re-introducing and testing my tolerance for the foods I used to eat, I will be whole30 compliant until Dec 18, when my husband finished his whole30. After that, I will bake date squares and apple crisp and probably a few cookies with the kids. I will not go crazy. I want whatever my weight is on Dec 18th to be my weight on January 9th (my birthday). On January 10th or so, I plan to resume the whole 30.

I will continue to log my food, but not here!

Weighing:

Keep Track.
I want to join the folks over at Roni's Weigh and post my progress every Wednesday. I will go back to weighing daily, though. I believe that for me making weigh-in a daily practice keeps me informed and aware. I don't really have emotional issues with the scale--at least not yet. I'd like to make a graph, too.

Exercise:

Build Strength.
I want to continue with the 2 mile, 1/2 hour Walking workouts by Leslie Sansone. I would like to add a three mile workout once a week: but if I don't, it's no big deal. I want to keep my workouts realistic and whatever I do, I want to see myself continuing to do it after I lose weight. So, the exercise has to be done for it's own sake--not for the sake of losing weight.

I am eager to add in some circuit training with the Jillian Michael's for Beginners workouts as well as more weight bearing exercises. I'm not sure how I'll be scheduling it. Would two weight bearing sessions a week be enough for now?


I have been reading that weight gained during the holiday season is weight that is never, quite completely ever lost. So, at the very least, I plan not to gain any weight at all between now and January 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment